- Half day guiding (4 hours) with Glenda costs €200 2 rods (additional rods by arrangement).
- Full day guiding (8 hours) with Glenda costs €350 2 rods (additional rods by arrangement).
- These prices do not include the cost of fishing per day (fishing permit) or the Inland Fisheries Ireland State licence.
A day or half day guiding with Glenda includes a mixture of fishing tuition and guiding. All equipment can be provided for these sessions if required. A riverside lunch is included as part of your full guided day and a light snack as part of your half guided day. Tea, coffee and water are always available.
These guiding sessions address:
- Safety around water
- Life cycles of salmon or trout
- Fly fishing tuition
- Watercraft and how to read a river
- Assembly of tackle and knot tying
- Fishing techniques
Glenda primarily guides on her fishery, Blackwater Salmon Fishery in Ireland and has over 18 years experience guiding and teaching on these waters.
Glenda also offers her services on other waters and can be booked to come to you wherever you may be fishing. If you would like her to travel to assist your group on your fishing trip then get in touch for further details.
Glenda has fishing/demonstration experience in Greenland, Argentina, Iceland, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Austria, Germany, Scotland, England and Italy.
Fishing Tuition – 2 rods (additional rods by arrangement):
90 minutes tuition – €100
Fly casting tuition is offered on a one to one basis or you can bring a friend (additional rods by arrangement).
Fly casting tuition can be offered in single handed casting and double handed casting, from the beginner to the advanced caster.
Glenda has almost 30 years of experience in teaching all casts from the Basic Overhead Cast to the most advanced Spey Casts, and she uses a simple, no jargon style of tuition.
Fly casting tuition will be tailored to suit each individual’s needs, however all tuition sessions are structured around:
- How to fish safely
- Understanding the equipment
- Understanding the principals of casting
- Analysing and correcting faults
To contact Glenda:
m: +353 (0)87 2351260
Or fill in the contact form below:
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Website Query’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Your Message’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]